While no map can fully undistort the land, it can sacrifice distortion in some areas to clarify it in others.
- Orthographic Projection-Displays earth from a distance
- Gnomonic Projection-Has its center at the center of the globe
- Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area Projection-True-Area properties
- Conic Projection- A Globe made into a cone, layed out, and given grids to form a map.
- Lambert Conformal Conic Projection-Two parallels that show a true global proportion.
- Polyconic Projection-Uses cones to establish parallels
- Mercator Projection-Most commonly used; flat, square map with more distortion near the poles.
Different Map types show different things and different information
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.